28 March 2011

Gardener's Sustainable Living Project

I made a conscious decision this year to only use organic fertilizers for my roses. It is a part of an effort to try to "go green". Jan @ThanksForToday Blog is encouraging everyone with her "Gardener's Sustainable Living Project"and got me to thinking more about practicing a greener lifestyle.



I am currently using the following organic fertilizers:









Alfalfa Meal




I am blogging and logging my progress all year, I hope you will give pause to think about living a greener lifestyle.

5 comments:

grouchy said...

You sure are doing a lot of advertising! Are you opening a business?

What organic sprays are you using?

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Hey Jim, Thanks for this comment. I know I can count on you to keep me honest...ha. I only blog about stuff I use that works well in my garden. I am now searching for organic sprays. I am finding that is a bigger task than the fertilizers. Any suggestions?

Jan@Thanks for today. said...

Hi Chris,
Glad you were able to participate in my project! I really love Annie's MooPoo, as well:-)

grouchy said...

There are old timers and one new timer that I know of doing organic spray (of some sort).

Check out the blog Rosegasms.

Pam's English Garden said...

Dear Chris, Good for you - using organic fertilizers! Thanks for the info re brands, too. I will be interested to know which spray you picked. P.